Employment for International Students

On-campus Employment

To maintain your F-1 and J-1 student visa status, it is extremely important that you follow U.S. federal regulations regarding employment. You must receive work authorization from the Office of International Student Services before accepting employment. 

To repeat, do NOT begin work without first obtaining authorization from the Office of International Student Services.

On-Campus Employment for F-1 and J-1 Students

International students may apply for jobs on campus but cannot begin work until they receive on campus work permission from the Office of International Student Services.

Students on F-1 visas may work up to 20 hours per week on campus while school is in session. On-campus jobs are limited and there is no guarantee that every student will be able to secure on-campus employment.  Students may work up to 40 hours a week during vacations and summer breaks. International students work in a variety of offices on campus including, but not limited to, the following: Student Gateway, Bookstore, Student Activities Center, Library, Dining Services, Children's Center, and student computer labs. Please consult with the OISS about which on-campus jobs are permissible for F-1 and J-1 students.

Information about on-campus employment opportunities is available through the Career Services Website.