Transferring out of IU South Bend
A transfer of a student’s SEVIS record from one institution to another allows a student to keep his or her unique ID number, and maintain this number for the duration of his or her stay in the US is critical for keeping your legal status.
- A SEVIS transfer is a transfer of immigration documentation and does not imply the transfer of any academic records.
- Although you may be applying to multiple institutions, IU South Bend may only transfer your SEVIS record to one institution.
- The transfer release date will be the day you complete your program or the final day of the last semester that you are enrolled at IU South Bend, whichever is later.
- If you decide to cancel your transfer, you must notify the Office of International Student Services at IU South Bend before your transfer release date. Once the transfer release date has been reached, IU South Bend will no longer have access to your SEVIS record. All travel and employment benefits authorized through IU South Bend will end on your transfer release date.
- If you are traveling outside the US prior to beginning the program at your new school, please be advised that you must re-enter the US with the new school’s I-20.
- You must report to the new school within 15 days of the start of the new SEVIS document.