Guest students are students enrolling for a semester or summer session as visitors from another institution.
As a guest student you'll have the opportunity to take a class that did not fit into your previous schedule, lighten your upcoming fall and spring schedule, or graduate earlier. Start planning your schedule by reviewing our registration calendar and schedule of classes.
Here are the requirements you'll need to meet, and the materials you’ll have to supply, to become a guest student at IU South Bend:
- College or university transcript indicating good academic standing. Other acceptable documents are a letter of good standing or the most recent grade report from the home institution.
- Average or above-average achievement at the home institution (at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale)
- Students between their senior year in high school and their freshman year in college must submit a letter of acceptance from their home institution.
- Students under the age of 21 who wish to take classes for personal enrichment but do not plan to attend another university will need to submit a high school transcript with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Students intending to enroll in computer science, English, mathematics, or a course in the natural sciences must show evidence of required prerequisites to the corresponding department for course authorization or complete IU South Bend's placement examinations.