It is never too early to begin your college search and we are here to help every step of the way! Here's what you can be doing during your junior year of high school to be ready.
- Attend college fairs to collect materials.
- Complete prospect forms and sign up for mailing lists to receive more information.
- Prepare to take the PSAT or the PLAN test.
- Begin to talk with your family about financial aid and costs to develop a plan on how to pay for college
- Take the PSAT or the PLAN test.
- Indiana Student's - plan your senior year coursework to complete a CORE 40 or Academic Honors Diploma.
- Look into taking college coursework while still in high school through ACP, dual-enrollment, AP or IB coursework.
- Make appointments to visit your top choice colleges during spring semester.
Narrow down your college choices. Determine what your "must haves" are in terms of major, distance from home, clubs and activities, career resources, etc.
Review results of the PSAT/PLAN with your guidance counselor; top scores may be eligible for specific scholarships from colleges.
Visit your top college choices.
Take the SAT and/or ACT to see which gives you better results. Testing more than once can increase your chances for admission or higher scholarships.
Begin to seriously think about your academic interests and what you want to do after college. Explore over 100 programs IUSB offers.