1: Complete the Application for Admission & Pay the Application Fee
- The easiest way is the Online Application. Paper application available by calling 574-520-4839.
- Non-refundable fee: $35. A fee waiver is available to eligible students; for details, please contact us.
- Priority Application Dates for:
Fall Semester: August 1
Spring semester: December 15.
Applications received after these dates may be deferred to the following semester.
2: Submit Your Official Transcripts
In order to make an admission decision, IU South Bend needs an official record of the classes you have taken in high school and the grades you have earned. For most students, this information is recorded on a transcript which should be sent directly from the high school to IU South Bend.
You can submit your official transcripts in the following ways:
- Through an official electronic delivery system, such as Parchment or National Clearinghouse (your guidance counselor will help you understand your options)
- By mail to IU South Bend Admissions, 1700 Mishawaka Ave, South Bend IN 46617
- Drop it off in person in a sealed envelope
Students who are home-schooled should submit a transcript signed and prepared by a parent or legal guardian.
Students who have completed a TASC or GED exam may submit those exam results in place of a high school transcript.
Academic records from outside the U.S., such as exam results, mark sheets, and diploma certificates which are not sent directly from the issuing institution must be accompanied by an English translation and an affidavit of document authenticity.
3: Decide Whether to Include SAT or ACT Scores
You may opt whether you would like to include SAT or ACT test scores as part of your application file. If you decide to include your test scores, you may self-report them on the application or submit them at a later date using the Test-Optional Self Reporting Form. You can learn more about Test Optional Admission here.
If you are over the age of 21, we do not need a test option response; no scores are required.
4: Receive Notice of Admission Decision
Most students will be notified about an admission decision by email and/or post within two weeks of IU South Bend receiving a completed application and all supporting documents.