Returning Students

Are you Returning to IU South Bend?

You are a Former Indiana University Student if:

  • You were admitted to Indiana University and enrolled for course work, and
  • You have subsequently withdrawn, and
  • You have not been enrolled in classes at IU South Bend for more than one academic semester,

Intercampus Transfer

Those seeking to resume study at IU South Bend after attending another IU campus, should submit an Intercampus Transfer Request.

Resuming Study at IU South Bend

Please consult with the advisor in the academic department to which you are seeking to return. You will be asked to complete a returning student form and to submit official academic transcripts from any institution at which you have earned credit. There is no fee for this process. The Returning Student Guide includes departmental phone contacts and other resources. If you have any additional questions about how to make contact with your academic advisor, please call the Office of Admissions at (574) 520-4839 for assistance.

Students Denied Admission

If you were denied admission to IU South Bend as a freshman applicant, you may seek readmission by participating in the Ivy Tech Transitions Program. If you were denied admission as a transfer student, you may seek admission once you have at least 12 transferrable credits with a minimum of a 2.0/4.0 cumulative GPA.

You may also want to consider reviewing eligibility for our ABC program.