- You may transfer at any time during your undergraduate career. If you have less than 12 transferrable credits, please submit your high school transcripts in order for us to make an admission decision.
- Include in your application any names under which your supporting documents may arrive.
- Submit an official transcript from each post-secondary institution at which you were enrolled.
- Any grades earned outside IU are NOT calculated as part of your IU GPA.
- In most cases, coursework does not have an expiration date for transfer, but for some programs, such as Dental Hygiene, Radiography, or Nursing, you may need to repeat science and math coursework if it was completed outside the set limits. Be sure to ask your Admission Counselor to discuss this issue with you.
- Transfer credit can be distributed and undistributed. Distributed coursework has a specific equivalency. An undistributed course is one for which IU South Bend does not have a course-to-course equivalency.
- Your school or college will determine how transfer credit will fit into your degree program. It may be necessary to submit syllabi and course descriptions in order for a course-to-course equivalency to be granted.
- Some of your transferred credit may not meet your degree requirements, but your advisor can help you create a degree map that takes advantage of the credit you have earned.
- You may be eligible to earn credit through examination, military training, and other learning experiences. You can learn more about credit for prior learning here
- To learn more about the IU transfer policies that impact and support transfer students, please review the information at this link.
As you prepare to make your application, please keep in mind
Programs with Special Admissions Requirements
If you are interested in applying to one of the following programs, separate and/or additional information may be required:
- Bachelor of Applied Science
Students must complete an Associate of Applied Science in order to transfer into this program. Call Karla Forsythe at 574-520-4346 or write firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Dental Hygiene
Contact Dental Education at (574) 520-4158 or visit www.iusb.edu/dental for additional admission requirements.
- General Studies
Students must have completed at least 30 credits in order to become eligible for this degree program. Additional admission requirements are listed on the General Studies site: https://clas.iusb.edu/general-studies/index.html.
Prospective music majors must pass an audition with the School of the Arts. The audition may serve as a scholarship hearing for Music Talent Scholarships. For more information, contact the School of the Arts at (574) 520-4134 or visit www.iusb.edu/arts.
- Music Education
Prospective Music Education majors must pass an audition with the School of the Arts. For more information, contact the School of the Arts at (574) 520-4134 or visit www.iusb.edu/arts.
Admission into the School of Nursing is competitive. Those seeking to complete the Rn to BSN program must posess an unencumbered RN license. Please contact the School of Nursing at (574) 520-4571 or visit www.iusb.edu/nursing for additional admission requirements.
Radiography and Medical ImagingTechnology
Contact the Radiography Program at (574) 520-4134 or visit www.iusb.edu/radiography for additional admission requirements for both of the these programs.