Transferring Student Applicants

Thinking of transferring to IU South Bend?

Students who have begun study at another college or university and plan to transfer to IU South Bend to complete a degree program should apply as transfer students.

Find out about general education requirements, how your credits will transfer, and what to do if you've already studied at this or another IU campus. If you still have questions about the transfer process, our Admissions counselors are available to help.

How will my credits transfer?

Credit Transfer Service

The credit transfer service allows you to see how the coursework you've already taken will transfer to IU South Bend.

Credit Transfer Service

Core Transfer Library

To enable you to transfer college credits, Indiana has developed the Core Transfer Library (CTL) – a list of courses that will transfer among all Indiana public college and university campuses, assuming adequate grades.

Transfer Core Library

General Education Requirements

All students are required to complete General Education requirements. However, as a transfer student you may be exempt from certain General Education requirements.

Find out more

Were you previously a student at Indiana University?

Students who are transferring back to IU South Bend after having once studied at IU South Bend should re-enter with the returning student process, rather than a new application.

Returning Student Process

Students who formerly attended another IU campus and would like to study at IU South Bend should complete the Intercampus Transfer process.

Intercampus Transfer Process

We're here to help

Our admissions counselors are ready to answer your questions...

Transfer credit you earned in high school or by examination

Military Service

Your military training may equate to academic credit at Indiana University South Bend. If you are using VA education benefits, you are required to provide copies of your military transcripts and your DD Form 214 discharge documents to the Office of Admissions. 

Veteran Student Resources

To access your military transcripts, please refer to the following resources:

To access your DD Form 214, please refer to the following resource:

Ready to apply as a transfer student?